Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Postcard #1

The general story behind my lobster is that he is traveling to three different places that are known for their great food so that he can eat other crustations.

I started by finding a picture of the Eiffel Tower. I wanted my lobster to be in Paris because its a very great place to try new food and they serve great dishes. After I found the picture I wanted, I used tracing paper to get the general idea of the landscape. Then I scanned it and started to apply colors, texture, and text to it. I wanted to give the final postcard a nice relaxed feeling to it. So I used a lot of calming colors.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great Lobster. You have captured the shape and color of it!. I am impressed with the effort you made with the texture and the shading which give the bug a sense of depth. The area that was a little problematic is the front area where the antennae and the claws overlap. – Although you have mead strides with the shapes I feel you could have made up some of the detail especially around the front claws as there is a huge gap when you pull away the background. You have obviously learnt a great deal. As you will find you need to work a little faster as the tools become a bit more familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krystal Bug Lobster
    1. Crystal you take your time with the planning and your roughs are excellent – now I want to see more time spent on you illustration techniques. The change in the color of the lobster gives a sense of fun and that reflects your idea. You need more line variety and shape definition to really bring out the quality of your illustration. Careful of your text it is playful but is distracting – too big. I really like the Eiffel tower and the sky due to the different illustration technique.
    2. A very god beginning and I would have like to see a bit more definition. You do not need to outline every shape I black. If you pushed your color choice and added a bit more line variety then the image would be more dynamic. Your compositions are excellent perhaps you need to color in your roughs and that would help with the technique application.
    3. not submitted

    ReplyDelete